Dosage Form: Liquid.
This relieves alergic and dry irritable cough and liquifies phlegm. It is very effective in asthma, smoker’s cough and throat hoarseness.
Each 5 ml syrup contains extracts of-
- Adhatoda vasica 0.68 gm
- Piper longum 0.14 gm
- Vitis vinifera 0.14 gm
- Terminalia chebula 73.24 mg
- Woodfordia fruticosa 1.14 gm
- Glycyrrhiza glabra 6.78 mg
- Ficas infectoria 6.78 mg
- Acorus calamus 6.78 mg
- Trikatu (Piper longum, Piper nigrum,
- Zingiber offcinale) 20.34 mg
- Syzygium aromaticum 6.78 mg
- Trizatak (Cinnamomum zeylanicum, Cinnamomum tamala, Elettaria cardamomum) 20.34 mg
- Rhus succedanea 6.78 mg
- Myrica nagi 6.78 mg
This syrup is a justified combination of herbs that is used to treat cough and some other respiratory tract disorders. All of the herbs in this combination are clinically effective in case of cough and cold. It is effective, well tolerated, safe and non-sedating with expectorant and antihistaminic properties. This syrup is effective for both children and adults. It is free from side effects like drowsiness, constipation and dryness of mouth.
- Adhatoda vasica (Vasak): Relieves cough, bronchial spasm and breathlessness. It has also mucolytic and expectorant action.
- Piper longum (Pipul): It is used in cough, coryza, asthma, hoarseness of voice, bronchitis etc.
- Glycyrrhiza glabra (Jasthi madhu) : It is widely used in fever, cold, cough and catarrh. It has an expectorant and anti-inflammatory action.
- Terminalia chebula (Haritaki): It is used in cough conditions, asthma and itching.
- Ficas infectoria (Kur): It is used in curing cough and bronchial asthma.
- Acorus calamus (Bacha): It is used to treat a cough. It has expectorant properties. Moreover, it is used to treat fever, headache, asthma, bronchitis and tonsillitis.
- Zingiber officinale (Shunthi): Shown to have significant effects in common cold.
- Piper nigrum (Marich) : It has bacteriostatic, fungistatic and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Syzygium aromaticum (Labanga) : Useful in cough and other respiratory disorders. It improves the breath and is a remedy for sore throat, headaches and coryza.
- Cinnamomum zeylanicum (Darchini): It has anti- bacterial and anti-fungal activity. It is useful in relieving cough due to its soothing action.
- Cinnamomum tamala (Tejpata) : It is a tonic, digestive, carminative, uterine stimulant & appetizer agent.
- Rhus succedanea (Kakra sringi): It is an expectorant and soothe the irritability of the respiratory tract. It is known to help in cough, asthma and anorexia.
- Myrica nagi (Katphal): It is useful in catarrhal fever, cough and in the affections of throat.
- Tulsi extract: Tulsi extract has been added to this syrup. It gives relief from common cold, bronchitis and cough.
Three times in a day.
Children under 12 years: 1-2 teaspoonful (5-10 ml) 3 times a day.
Adult: 3 teaspoonful (15 ml) 2-3 times a day. In acute cough warm water can be added for better result.
Route of administration: Orally.
No clinically significant drug interactions have been reported.
There is no evidence available on contraindication but it may happen in-patients who are hypersensitive to any of its ingredients.
Ayurvedic medicine is clinically proven as safe & well tolerated. In the recommended doses, side effects are rare.
Pregnancy & Lactation:
The safety of this syrup in pregnancy has not been established. Therefore, it should be used with caution during pregnancy, considering benefits to the mother greater than the risks to fetus.
Herbal and Nutraceuticals.
Keep all medicines out of reach of children. Store in a cool and dry place.
Manufactured by: Acme Laboratories Ltd.