Generics: Herbal syrup.
Dosage Form: Liquid Syrup.
- Liquefies phlegm.
- Soothes irritation of the throat.
- Helps to relieve hoarseness.
- Remedy for all types of cough such as dry irritable cough, allergic & smokers cough.
- Adhatoda vasica (Basok): Relieves cough & bronchial spasm. It liquefies mucous.
- Piper longum (Pipul): Relieves cold allergy & asthma.
- Glycyrrhiza glabra (Jashthi Modhu) : Relieves irritation of throat. Enhances the immune system. It is anti-inflammatory, demulcent & expectorant.
- Piper nigrum (Marich): It is fungistatic, bacteriostatic & anti-inflammatory.
- Zingiber officinale (Shunthi): It is antihistaminic. Very much effective in common cold.
- Terminalia chebula (Haritaki): It removes toxin from the body. It has beneficial effect on all tissues.
- Vitis venifera (Kismiss): Relieves cough and general tonic.
- Acorus calamus (Bacha): Helps in bronchial catarrh & intermittent fever.
- Saussurea lappa (Kur): It is antiseptic & disinfectant. It is very useful in bronchial asthma.
- Syzygium aromaticum (Labango): Useful in cough & other respiratory diseases. It prevents bad breath.
- Cinnamomum zeylanicum (Darchini): It is antibacterial & antifungal and relieves cough due to its soothing action.
- Elettaria cardamomum (Elachi): It is aromatic in nature and shows antimicrobial activity.
- Cinnamomum tamala (Tejpata): It is a tonic & appetizer agent.
- Pistacia integerrima (Kakra sringi): It helps in asthma.
- Myrica nagi ( Kotfal): It is a remedy for sore throat.
- Woodfordia fruticosa (Daiful): It is good anti-infective agent and is useful in relieving cough due to its soothing action.
- Tulsi extract & other ingredients: Tulsi extract & some other ingredients are added to DEVAS syrup for relieving acute cough.
2-3 times a day.
- Children under 12 years: 1-2 teaspoonful (5-10 ml) 2-3 times a day.
- Adult: 3 teaspoonful (15 ml) 2-3 times a day.
Some warm water may be added for better results.
Route of administration: Orally.
No report is available.
No report is available on contraindication. It may be happen in patients who are hypersensitive to any of its ingredients.
This syrup is proven as safe. It is well tolerated. In high dose diarrhea, vomiting may occur.
Pregnancy & Lactation:
The safety of this syrup in pregnancy has not been studied. Therefore, it should be used with caution during pregnancy.
Herbal and Nutraceuticals
Keep out of reach of children. Keep away from direct sunlight. Store in a cool and dry place.
Manufactured by: Square Pharmaceuticals Ltd.