Generics: Calcium Carbonate [Algae source] + Vitamin D3
Dosage Form: Tablet.
- Treatment of osteoporosis, rickets, osteomalacia, tetany and hypoparathyroidism
- In pregnancy and lactation due to increased demand
- In kidney disease and pancreatitis
- During therapy with antiseizure medications
- The prevention and treatment of Calcium and Vitamin D3 deficiency
This is combination of Calcium (Algae Source) & Vitamin D3. Calcium (Algae Source) is an essential element and plays vital role in the body. It makes body’s framework stronger by building bones. Clinical evidence suggests that calcium is useful for prevention and treatment of osteoporosis and associated fractures. Vitamin D3 is also essential for healthy bones as it aids in calcium absorption from the Gl tract. In addition to this it stimulates bone formation. Controlled clinical studies show that Calcium and Vitamin D3 have synergistic effects on bone growth as well as in osteoporosis and fracture prevention.
Usual adult dose: 1 tablet in the morning and 1 tablet at night. Tablet should be taken orally.
Route of administration: Orally.
- Calcium salts reduce absorption of bisphosphonates, ciprofloxacin, fluorides, iron, levothyroxine, tetracycline and zinc
- Absorption of calcium salts is reduced by corticosteroids
- Increased risk of hypercalcemia when Calcium and Vitamin D3 given with thiazides and related diuretics
With food and others:
- No clinically significant food drug interaction have been reported.
- Hypocalcemia and hypercalciuria
- Metastatic calcification
- Hypersensitivity to any of the components of Calcium and Vitamin D3 preparation
Common side effects of Calcium and Vitamin D3 may include an irregular heartbeat, nausea, dry mouth, weakness, headache, a metallic taste in mouth, muscle or bone pain and drowsiness. Rare side effects are high amount of Calcium in blood, constipation, diarrhoea, loss of appetite.
Pregnancy & Lactation:
During pregnancy & lactation: Calcium and Vitamin D3 should be used considering the risk-benefit ratio.
Precautions & Warnings:
Caution should be taken in patients with renal impairment, sarcoidosis, hypercalcemia and hypercalciuria.
Specific mineral & vitamin combined preparations
Store below 30°C and away from light & moisture. Keep out of the reach of children.
Manufactured by: Opsonin Pharma Ltd.